Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mother, Daughters, Sisters & A Bride-to-Be!

Today was filled with wedding stuff... we started at 10:30am and finished up about 4:00pm traveling across this valley starting in the East then we headed down South, then up North and finished up on the West side, SERIOUSLY! Shopping for wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and venues... laughing, sharing and making memories ~ precious, precious moments that I LOVE! We missed having Tana and Bri with us - hurry home Tana we need you. During our drive times, we listened to all sorts of different songs, voting on what we liked or didn't like for the wedding and reception.

We talked about the wedding party/attendants, decorations, the pros and cons of having a bar, chiffon vs satin... I think we got just as much if not more accomplished during our drive time between destinations as we did during our actual stopping points. You know me, I'm gonna make every minute count - multi tasking, haha! I even starting teaching the girls (while driving) some of the dance steps they will have to learn for one of the wedding songs they are going to have to perform but that's a surprise so I won't say any more about it... But I will say, we were jammin', car rockin', windows opened, music blaring...




I have officially decided that Shanel's future career will be as a Event Planner. She is so, and when I say so I really mean SOOOOOO into planning Mesha's wedding and Shamara's (we are just waiting on an official announcement - hint,hint!) and the baby shower and her dad's 50th birthday party and my 50th birthday party (which isn't even for a few years yet) and any other party or reason to throw a party that she can think of... it's her destiny, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!





Here are a few fun pictures of the girls trying on bridesmaid dresses at one of our appointments... I had to keep reminding Shanel that this wasn't her wedding and that she might not get to have the complete say on what was finally selected for all the bridesmaids. At some point I also had to explain to her - because she was whinning a bit much about ugly dresses and such - that the bridesmaid dresses where all sort of plain because the wedding day wasn't about the bridesmaids but about the bride and so they couldn't outdo the bride. It took her a few hours but she did tell me later that she had never considered that before ~ that's why she's our Princess Shanel.

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...