Saturday, January 1, 2011

The PROPOSAL

New Year's Eve, 20 minutes to midnight, my cell phone rings and it's Reggie (aka Mr. Jokester/Trickster) telling me to hurry over to Valley Christian High School and to bring my camara. If you know anything about Reggie, you can't believe the first thing he says, you just have to make sure he's serious - so with that being said my response to him was like "Yeah Right, it's 32 degrees outside, don't be playing with me." Obviously he knew he wasn't getting me that easy and so he repeats himself and says, "No seriously, I need you to get over to VCHS and bring your camara." At this point I could hear Lisa (his sister) in the background and so I ask to speak with her. She came on the line and verified for Reggie that I did indeed need to HURRY over to the school with my camara. That's all I needed, I jumped out of bed, yelled for Mark and Sabriya to get dress (warm of course), threw on some clothes, boots, jacket, etc. grabbed my camara and we were out the door in under five minutes. With Mark driving and my instructions (haha) we made it to the destination point in record time...

Reggie had sent her on a scavenger hunt around the East Valley to some significants spots - at each destination point she had to find a poem he left which would then lead her to the next stop with her final destination being Valley and the bench outside the gym to be more specific which is where he original ask her to start dating if I am correct...

While waiting for Shamesha to arrive(timed for the stroke of midnight/the New Year) we were instructed on where to wait and what to do. Mark had the video camara going, JB (Reggie's brother) was in charge of the fireworks, and can you guess what my job was???

... and I believe the pictures will tell the REST OF THE STORY!

An engagement right at midnight as we wrung the old year out and rang the New Year in...
Congrats Reggie & Mesha!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...